“Advancing Biblical Transformation
Through Biblical Counseling, Training & Developing
Because People Matter to God & His Glory in Christ”
In 2003, the Lowcountry Biblical Counseling Center was birthed with one main passion - to reach the local, pastors, churches and the hurting community of the Charleston area with the sufficiency and solutions of Christ through counseling, training, resources and now developing.
Our Counseling Vision
As a pastor for over ten years, our executive director, Tim Bryant, can testify to the intense burden and responsibility pastors carry for the people of God. This is especially felt at times when beloved parishioners are experiencing intense relational conflicts and personal crises. His formal counseling training is from the Master’s College (MABC) and is certified by the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors. Our philosophy and methodology of counseling is not just connected to Christian faith but saturated with Biblical Truth. We invite you to come and see what a difference the use of the Scriptures makes in the counseling and change process. This has continued to lead to lives and marriages changed to the glory of Christ and His wisdom.
Our Training Vision
LCBCC does not seek to replace the local body of Christ but seeks the local body of Christ to replace LCBCC through training, certifying, and mentoring God's people to counsel one another biblically under the oversight of their local church (Rom 15:14; Col 3:16; Heb 10:24-25; Heb 3:12-13; 1Thes 5:14; Eph 4:15; Gal 6:1-2).
God has used LCBCC to influence a biblical counseling movement in Charleston, South Carolina, that has impacted hundreds of lives, trained hundreds of counselors and dozens of churches in the area.
- Our counseling has expanded to a team of over twenty.
- Our online and on-site training now includes many courses on various topics - many of these are certified - with an enrollment of over one hundred students. A unique aspect of our training is that every student is assigned a personal moderator coach who contacts them weekly.
- Our new counselor and ministry mentorship programs have already impacted dozens of new and existing counselors and ministries. The introduction of our Biblical Counseling Network in 2019 and Step Up Strategy in 2021 are actively mentoring counselors and developing ministries.
Please let us know how the center can serve your personal, training or ministry needs and calling.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, and sufficient Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this occurs only through the ministry of the Word of God.
- We believe that a person becomes justified by grace alone through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ alone.
believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling presence, the Christian is progressively sanctified and finally glorified. This work of the Spirit in sanctification occurs only through the ministry of the Word of God. As this sanctification occurs a
believer is made sufficient for all things to the glory of God in
believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved
are raised unto life eternal; the lost, those who reject Christ as
Savior and Lord, are raised unto eternal damnation.
believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ
and that we ought to manifest that unity wherever and whenever possible.
Yet, we also believe in the need to discern and distinguish ourselves
from those who hold to doctrines and philosophies that do not deepen a
believer's dependence upon Christ and His Word.